Currently, there are great Federal, State, and Utility solar incentives to help offset the cost of your system in Rhode Island. With Rhode Island being right in our backyard, we’re able to work with you closely to develop a system that matches your needs.
SGE Solar being a SunPower dealer means you’ll get the latest technology and the best warranty in the business. Don’t hesitate to get in this program before it fills up! Feel free to reach out to us anytime for questions or to schedule a free no-obligation consultation to see how much solar can save you!
Rhode Island Renewable Energy Growth Program
- The Renewable Energy Growth Program makes it easy to be paid by National Grid for your solar generation.
- Payments are available for 15 or 20-years for residential customers, or 20 years for non-residential customers.
- Depending on the term, project size, and other factors, National Grid will pay from 28.55¢ to 29.6¢ per kilowatt-hour for solar generation in a Performance- Based Incentive (PBI). PBIs are set by the RI Distributed Generation Board, approved by the RI Public
- Residential customers: The host customer will receive a bill credit for energy and the system owner will be paid the remaining PBI; the owner may be the host customer or a third-party.
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and approved on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the available capacity of 6.55 MW for 2021. National Grid will accept applications until the 6.55 MW capacity is met.
Shared Solar is eligible to participate.
2021 Program Year Approved Small-Scale Solar Annual MW Target and Standard PBI – Effective April 1, 2018:
|Renewable Energy Class
|Annual Enrollment Target
(Nameplate MW DC)
|Ceiling Price/Standard PBI (Inclusive of assumed eligible federal incentives) (cents/kWh)||Term of Service (years)|
|Small-Scale Solar I – Host Owned (1-10 kW)||6.55||32.25||15 Year Tariff|
|Small-Scale Solar I – Host Owned (1-10 kW)||28.55||20 Year Tariff|
|Small-Scale Solar I – Third Party Owned (1-10 kW)||32.25||15 Year Tariff|
|Small-Scale Solar I – Third Party Owned (1-10 kW)||28.55||20 Year Tariff|
|Small-Scale Solar II (11-25 kW)||29.45||20 Year Tariff|
Federal Tax Credits
Did you know that you can receive 26% off?
The federal tax credit remains at 26 percent of the cost of the system. This means that in 2021, you can still get a major discounted price for your solar panel system. But this won’t last long so now is the time take advantage of the discount!
As a turn-key installer, SGE Solar will manage the process of getting your solar system installed so you can take full advantage of all the incentives Rhode Island and Massachusetts has to offer.
Don’t wait to go solar, you’ll be stuck paying your utility bill every month, which is increasing every year!